Boss OD-200 Hybrid Drive Pedal
The Boss Od-200 Hybrid Drive Pedal is a whole lot of GRRRR. This compact stompbox provides a staggering selection of 12 distinct overdrive modes and the tools you need to tame this beast and get its sound under your control.
And what a sound it is. The OD-200 expertly blends its cutting-edge analogue and digital drive tech and creates amazing tones that will rock your socks off. No matter how high you ramp the gain, internal 32-bit digital processing and 96kHz resolution ensure that these drive tones always sound impressive, complex and dynamic.
Whatever your audible poison of choice, the OD-200 will fulfil your requirements. You’ll have brilliant fun exploring its modes and mixing up perimeters to shape amazing new tones. Whether you want to create a strutting mix of gritty, lo-fi crunch or monstrous metal majesty, the OD-200 will have what you need up its metal sleeves.
When the gain is cranked up, it's easy for your precision and clarity to get a little lost in the mix, so a lot of players opt to use a dedicated gate pedal to tighten up their chugs and stabs. The Boss OD-200 Hybrid Drive Pedal does away with that need by carrying an advanced onboard sound gate that will eliminate unwanted noise and tightens your sound without affecting the intensity of your attack.
Sometimes, you just need that little extra volume boost to emphasize your solo’s so what do you do? Nigel turns his amp to 11, but if he used an OD-200, he wouldn't need to. The OD-200 carries its own boost function that allows you to choose between pre or post gain operation, so you can easily opt to boost your overdrive tone or boost your amp without changing the tone. These settings will be saved with your custom presets, so your boosts can be customised to each custom patch you create.
With a vast array of brilliant sound-shaping tools and an awesome selection of overdrive modes, the Boss OD-200 Hybrid Drive Pedal will definitely make some of your dedicated pedals obsolete and clean up your pedalboard and your workflow.
- Overdrive and distortion effects pedal with 12 distinct drive modes
- 3-band EQ allows you to fine-tune your tone for any application and any instrument
- Switchable gate function tightens up your sound and reduces noise in high-gain applications
- Boost function can be set to pre-gain operation to push your drive, or post-gain to increase volume without altering your drive tone
- Four memory slots allow you to save and instantly recall your own custom patches
- Ample support for external controllers including expression pedal and MIDI I/O (MIDI cables sold separately)
- Panel Lock function allows you to lock the controls to prevent unwanted changes
- High-quality 32-bit digital conversion with 96kHz resolution for pristine sound quality even at extreme gain settings
- Buffered bypass maintains your tone even over long cable runs
- Micro USB jack for future functionality expansion via firmware updates
|Effects Pedal Type||Overdrive|