You asked for it, and now you’ve got it! DW has release a 9000 series bass drum pedal with an extended foot board. With an extra inch of playing room, the XF series makes techniques such as heel toe a breeze.
It also makes life a bit easier for those of us who have, let’s just say “slightly larger” feet. As if having to special order our sneakers from Nike wasn’t bad enough, now we’re stuck with tiny bass pedals, what gives? Well kiss those podiatry problems good bye with DW’s new XF models!
These slightly larger 9000’s feature the same incredibly smooth, gravity-defying playability that you’ve come to know and love, but with a slightly larger footboard. This pedal 9000's Floating Rotor is not permanently affixed on a conventional drive shaft but is mounted on an free-floating drive shaft using friction-reducing ball bearings.
In addition, the patented Rotor can be infinitely adjusted using the Infinite Torque Adjustment for a variety of positions from center (Turbo-style) to eccentric (Accelerator-style) - achieving the desired balance of power and precision in any playing situation.
Furthermore, by moving the location of the Floating Spring from the end of the hex shaft to the centre of the pedal, the vertical alignment of the moving parts is maintained and the indirect transfer and loss of energy is virtually eliminated- further optimising the pedal's speed and power and precision.
DW 9000 Series Extended Footboard Single Pedal
- Infinite Adjustable Cam: DW 9000 Series Pedals feature an Infinite Adjustable Cam, allowing the pedal to be easily set from Accelerator™ to Turbo™ Drive or anywhere in between.
- Floating Swivel Spring: The patented Floating Swivel Spring increases efficiency on the down stroke and return stroke, creating less resistance and an incredibly smooth feel.
- Nylon Strap: 9000 Series Bass Drum Pedals include a Nylon Strap and can be easily converted from Chain-Drive to Nylon Strap.
- Ball Bearing Hinge: State-of-the-art Ball Bearing Hinge design.
- Tri-Pivot Toe Clamp: The new Tri-Pivot Toe Clamp ensures the pedal and bass drum hoop stay connected & protected no matter what bass drum size or angle.
- Clip & Drum Key: All 9000 pedals come with a convienent Clip & Drum Key to ensure a key is near when you need it most.
- Single Post Casting: The Single Post Casting design on DW’s double pedals provides ease of movement between the pedal and hi-hat, also allowing the pedals to be played independently or simultaneously.
- Universal Assembly (with memory lock): DW’s unique Universal Assembly (with memory lock) is made of aircraft grade aluminium, precision ground, heat treated and honed.
- Carry Case: The 9000 Pedal includes a Carry Case.