Epiphone Inspired By 1966 Century Electric Guitar - Cherry
Thinline hollowbody guitars were very popular from the 30s onwards, because of the distinctive open sounding tone that really cuts through; you would have most likely found one of these instruments being used for American style big-bands and 50s style rock'n'roll. However, over time this sound grew out of fashion and guitars of the style became few and far between, making them a highly sought after item. Now, thanks to Epiphone, this shape is back with a bang and with modern updated features that breathe life into a dying breed, it's now the limelight once again with the help of artists as well known as James Bay.
A full maple body is directly responsible for the lovely clean, dazzling sound that is quite unmistakable. Combined with the brand new addition of a single super-hot Epiphone P-90 PRO pick-up, creating a very direct sound that compliments the sustainant qualities of the wood to ensure that the guitar will really cut through for any live application.
Featuring a rounded "C" shape mahogany neck that feels comfortable and secure under the hand, giving the user full access to the highest reaches of the neck. In tamdem with a very nice 20 fret, rosewood fretboard which makes for a quick, elegant playing experience that's sure to delight players of all styles and genres.
In a glorious cherry finish, the Epiphone Inspired By "1966" Century Electric Guitar looks, feels and sounds like a guitar from the golden era of music, and with the small but significant contemporary additions to the specs, expect to see this guitar become a best seller!
- Top: Laminated Maple
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck: Profile Rounded "C" shape
- Pickup: Epiphone P-90 PRO
- Controls: Master Volume & Master Tone
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Black PVC "Bullet"; 2-layer; Vintage "E" in White
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid "Dots"
- Headstock: Historic Sloped Dovewing with gold "Epiphone" logo
- Machine Heads: Wilkinson Vintage 3-in-a-row with plastic Ivory buttons; 14:1 ratio
- Frets: 20; Medium
- Nut: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.65" (42mm)
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Strings: D'Addario; 10-46
- Bridge: Floating Adjustable; Rosewood
- Tailpiece: Historic Epiphone Trapeze
- Binding: Body Top - 1-Layer Body Back – 1-Layer Fingerboard – None Headstock - None "F" holes - None
- Pickguard: White PVC with foil "E"; 3-layer (White/Black/White)
- Colour: Cherry