Vintage guitars are very much "must have" items in the world of music due to the style and classic qualities that come with them. However, vintage instruments more often than not come with a very hefty price tag that will almost certainly deter any first time guitarists.
That's where Epiphone step in, with the VE "Vintage Edition" range. Matching the specifications of classic guitars in terms of materials, measurements and perhaps most importantly the colour which comes in an authentic looking "worn" finish.
The iconic Les Paul shape is synonymous with legendary guitarists, so it's a guaranteed winner if you're finding your first guitar. The Les Paul VE is equipped with 2 open-coil humbuckers which powers out that classic full bodied warm LP tone.
Completed by a mahogany neck, armed with the Epiphone Les Paul Special VE you'll be ripping out guitar solos in no time at all!
- Body: Poplar
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960s SlimTaper; D profile
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: "Bell" shaped; 2-layer; "Vintage Edition" in white
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with Pearloid "Dot" Inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Nut: 1-11/16"
- Headstock Inlay: "Split Diamond" in Pearloid; "Epiphone" logo in Pearloid
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone 650R Humbucker; Open-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone 700T Humbucker; Open-coil
- Controls: 3-way Pickup Selector, Master Volume, Master Tone, Black "Speed" knobs
- Headstock: Epiphone "Clipped Ear"; "Les Paul Model" in gold; "Epiphone" logo in silver
- Binding: None
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Hardware: Nickel
- Output Jack: Epiphone Heavy-Duty, Non-Rotating 1/4" with Square Jack Plate
- Machine Heads: Premium Covered; 14:1 ratio;"2016" Edition logo on back of headstock
- Nice for the price Review by JC1980
Very clean and minimal LP model,
Owned a few LP replicas and this plays as nice as any of them. Good starter guitar. (Posted on 26/04/2018)