Taking inspiration from the legendary handmade 1930s Epiphone models, the Masterbilt series presents arguably the closest experience you'll get to owning an authentic model from that era. Made using specifications and features closely associated with the era of big bands, jazz and rock n roll; here's a guitar that works incredibly well for all the previously mentioned applications, but updated with far more up-to-date features including modern build quality and cutting edge electronics.
Using modern manufacturing to craft the large body, Epiphone offer extremely high standards of build and materials at a very reasonable price. The proof of this is in the Laminated Flamed Maple back and sides and the solid spruce top with F holes which creates a fully rich tone that oozes vintage charm. Combine this with the Shadow NanoFlex HD under saddle pick-up and eSonic pre-amp, you'll be seriously impressed by the amazing natural tones that you'll be able to produce.
A 5-piece mahogany, round C shaped neck creates a super sturdy and comfortable feeling for great playability to enable you to quickly change between intricate licks and complex chord changes.
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Archtop
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Vintage Sunburst
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Top Wood: Solid Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Laminated Flamed Maple
- Body Bracing: Longitudinal bracing
- Binding: 3-layer body, 1-layer fingerboard
- Neck Wood: 5-piece Laminated Maple/Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Rounded C
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Notched Diamonds
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Tuning Machines: Historic Epiphone Reissue Tuners, Marboloid "Crown" buttons with 18:1 ratio
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone Nut
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Electronics: eSonic HD preamp with Shadow NanoFlex HD undersaddle pickup
- Strings: Cleartone 12-53 gauge strings
- Body Length: 21"
- Body Width: 17" Lower Bout, 12.6" Upper Bout