The Masterbilt series is a thoroughly authentic feeling throwback to the glory days of Epiphone's hay day. Using like-for-like materials but using modern manufacturing processes, the Masterbilt series has the sound of the 30s instruments but at a fraction of the price of any original model you're likely to find.
Faithfully recreating the legendary Epiphone Olympic which was originally released in 1931 and was a staple of the music scene. It features maple back and sides create thick, warm low end tones which blend well with the rich, bright high end tones created by the spruce top for an overall well balanced, versatile tone. The Archtop and F holes allow the Epiphone Olympic to sound like an acoustic guitar when unplugged, and when plugged in gives an amazing airey tone.
- Body Shape: Archtop
- Colour: Violin Burst
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Top Wood: Solid Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Bracing: Longitudinal bracing
- Binding: 1-layer body
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Rounded C
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- uning Machines: Historic Epiphone Reissue Tuners, Marboloid "Crown" buttons, 18:1 ratio
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone Nut
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Electronics: eSonic HD preamp with Shadow NanoFlex HD undersaddle pickup
- Strings: Cleartone 12-53 gauge strings
- Body Length: 19.2"
- Body Width: 14.62" Lower Bout, 10.6" Upper Bout