Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar - Natural
Many acoustic guitarists out there will not settle for anything bar solid wood guitars because of the undeniable natural aspect and quite often higher levels of sound quality it adds to the sound. However, with the higher quality often comes a significantly steeper price range and that's where Epiphone come to save the day with the outstanding Masterbilt DR-500MCE.
Solid mahogany back & sides with a solid Sikta spruce top make up the large, dreadnought body to create a sound so impressive that you'd be easily fooled that you're listening to a guitar that's more than double the price! Swooping low tones from the mahogany provides a bassy back back drop to the much brighter tones of the glimmeringly bright spruce top, for a balanced overall tone that any professional would be proud of. The smooth midtones blend greatly with vocals, therefore making the Epiphone Masterbilt a great choice for vocal accompaniment.
Fitted with worldclass Shadow NanoMag acoustic pick-ups in both the neck and body, plus a eSonic-2 Stereo Preamp, the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE can be plugged directly into any acoustic amplifier or PA system without losing the outstanding natural qualities of the solid wood whilst offering you the ability to fine-tune your tone to the finest detail.
A gorgeously smooth playing 1 piece mahogany, SlimTaper neck with a soft rosewood fretboard makes the DR-500MCE a fantastically playable guitar, which will proudly meet the requirements of any guitarist.
With vintage style headstock and a lovely natural finish, the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE looks the part, feels the part and sounds the part in order to make it the complete package for any regularly gigging acoustic guitarist.
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body: Solid mahogany
- Sides: Solid mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany; 1-piece plus heel
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper™ “D” profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Dove-Tail with hide glue
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with pearloid Split-Diamond Inlays
- Neck Pickup: Shadow NanoMag
- Bridge Pickup: Shadow NanoFlex
- Electronics: eSonic-2 Stereo Preamp
- Controls: eSonic2 preamp with built-in tuner, stereo output, Master Volume Pot, NanoMag EQ Pot, NanoFlex EQ Pot, Phase "Anti-Feedback" Switch, Electronic Tuner Activation w/Output Mute Switch
- Binding: Body: 6-ply; Neck:1-ply, Headstock: 3-ply
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 20; Medium
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover Sta-Tite 18:1 ratio
- Typical Weight (+/- 5%): 3kg
- Strings: D’Addario 12, 16, 25, 34, 41, 53