The Thunderbird is one of the most instantly recognizable basses of time. From the style to the sound - it's an iconic instrument particularly associated with hard rock. Epiphone's Vintage Pro Thunderbird offers this great piece of gear at a price point that'll put it at the finger tips of absolute beginners, but with quality and sound that'll more than satisfy far more experienced players.
Made from solid mahogany, the distinctively shaped body is a seriously tough customer. This does make the bass feel rather heavy for some, but this does make it an exceptionally rugged instrument and the material is the primary source of the full bodied tone you know and love. Combined with a pair of newly updated ProBucker Bass 760 Humbuckers, gives the Thunderbird the powerful growl that has made it the world famous model it is today.
A comfortable playing maple neck with rosewood fretboard (medium jumbo frets) completes this bass and encourages you to carry the torch to become the next big thing in the world of heavy rock!
- Neck: 7-ply; Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Neck Joint: Through-Neck
- Body: Mahogany Body Wings
- Neck Shape: 1960's Rounded Bass Profile
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid "DOT" inlays
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker™ Bass #760 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker™ Bass #760 Humbucker
- Controls: Neck Volume / Bridge Volume / Master Tone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: 1960's TB-Bass Tune-o-matic; Adjustable
- Tailpiece: 1960's "Claw" Tailpiece
- Nut Width: 1-1/2"
- Nut: Imitation Bone; White
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Open-gear Bass Tuners with historic "Clover" buttons; 17:1 ratio
- Knobs: Gold Tophats with chrome metal inserts
- Pickguard: 3-Layer (White/Black/White); "Thunderbird" logo in black