Faith FG5HCE PJE Legacy Dark Roast Earth Cutaway Electro Acoustic Guitar
Faith’s new PJE Legacy Dark Roast Earth Cutaway Electro Acoustic is one of a stunning new line of guitars that will spearhead Faith’s name and reputation as a master of quality. The Faith PJE Legacy FG5 model is only the second guitar to feature Patrick James Eggle’s acclaimed ‘Earth’ body shape.
This OM (Orchestral Model) cutaway design is exquisitely crafted from Solid African Khaya Mahogany which generates a rich and velvety low-end and a treble range with plenty of headroom space. This would be a great sounding guitar as is, but Faith has gone the extra mile and added a distinctive new flavour - the FG5HCE features a Mahogany top that has been subject to a painstaking ‘torrefaction’ process. The wood is air-dried, then kiln-roasted in a condition-controlled environment to ensure precise atmospheric levels in order to reduce its moisture content. As the wood is cooling, moisture is then re-introduced to the wood in small, precise increments, achieving a level of stability and a mature, fundamental tone that would take 20 years to develop naturally. The Legacy ‘Dark Roast’ is aptly named, for it represents the manufacturing process, the guitar’s delicious colouration and its mellow, sumptuous tonal palette.
The newest addition to Faith’s long list of successful designs, the Earth is a true Orchestra Model (OM) shape and is based upon Patrick James Eggle’s ‘Linville’ model. Sharing some design aspects similar to those used by Faith’s highly acclaimed Venus body shape, the Earth feels instantly familiar, yet its tonal palette and PJE-designed shape are completely unique.
This dark, lush wood is well-complemented by the edition of all Ebony fittings - fingerboards, bindings, bridges, and bone nuts, saddles and bridge pins. The dense grain of a matching Ebony pickguard makes for a beautiful yet subtle visual contrast. Fishman’s Flex-T system consists of an undersaddle piezo with a condenser mic, a combo that does a fantastic job of capturing and enhancing the wonderful natural tones of this brilliant guitar.
- Pickguard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Top Wood: Torrefied African Khaya Mahogany
- Back Wood: African Khaya Mahogany
- Side Wood: African Khaya Mahogany
- Binding: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Deluxe Vintage
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: Natural Bone
- Nut Width: 45mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge Macassan: Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Natural Bone
- Finish Type: PU Lacquer High Gloss all-over
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman Flex T-Blend / Condenser Mic
- Hardcase: Faith Premium Hardcase Included