Fender have gone to great lengths to really make this new for 2018 P-bass accurate to the sounds of the swinging 60s, and the results are sublime. The 60s marked the rise to fame of the now household name that is the Fender Precision bass and those original models are not only collectors pieces, but the must-have basses for the biggest names in music. Now you'll be able to capture the magic of the decade thanks to the Fender American Original series.
The '63 Split Single-Coil pick-ups have been faithfully reconstructed using like-for-like manufacturing techniques and materials of the 60s which include Formvar-coated magnet wiring to improve overall brightness, alnico 5 magnets for focus and enhanced dynamics and period correct cloth-covered output wires and fiber bobbins. These significant details mean that Fender have recreated the distinctive tone of the era more accurately than ever before.
A "1963 C” shape neck with the slight update of a 9.5" radius fingerboard and taller frets provides better playability and more freedom and ease when accessing the higher notes of the fretboard in comparison to the original models.
- Series: American Original
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, “1963 C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.73” (44 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Shell
- Pickups: Pure Vintage ‘63 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Black Hardshell