Fender's American Special range is the most affordable way to enter the U.S. made Fender family. It may not have all the features of the Pro range (the next step up), but we think you'll be more than satisfied at the quality instrument on offer for this very reasonable price.
What sets this apart from most other Fender guitars is the usage of walnut for the body, rather than the more commonly used alder. Walnut is famed for its rich lower tones and defined higher frequencies, making it a perfect candidate for a lead guitar. Not only does it sound great, walnut is a lovely looking wood and the dark gloss finish adds a really nice aesthetic to the instrument.
Using 3 x Texas Special Single-Coil Pick-ups, you'll be able to grasp a seriously hot, classic American tone which combined with a 5-way selector switch and tone knob allows the performer to create a huge array of tones. Featuring Greasebucket circuitry, an innovative feature that enables the user to turn down the volume knob without adding bassy tones.
Other notable features include great playability on the maple fretboard, a comfortable modern "C" shaped neck plus a 6-Saddle bridge with Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo, to make this a great guitar for all applications.
- Model Name: American Special Stratocaster®, Maple Fingerboard
- Series: American Special
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Headstock: Large '70s Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup) Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit, (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass) Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup), Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Special Electronics: Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Rolls off Highs Without Adding Bass)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Vintage-Style Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Switch Tips: White
- Strings: Fender® USA Bullets® 3250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Satin Urethane Finish, Texas Special™ Pickups, Large '70s Style Headstock, Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag, Polishing Cloth
- Polishing Cloth: Polishing Cloth Included