The American Special range is the most affordable way to enter the U.S. made Fender family. It may not have all the features of the Pro range (the next step up), but we think you'll be more than satisfied at the quality instrument on offer for this very reasonable price.
Opting for an alder body, in keeping with traditional Telecaster design, providing a balanced resonance that is both warm and clear. A slick gloss polyurethane finish will provide a timeless aesthetic that ages naturally.
Using 2 x Texas Special Single-Coil Tele Pick-ups, you'll be able to grasp a seriously hot, classic Telecaster twang which combined with a 3-way selector switch and tone knob allows the performer to create a huge array of tones. Featuring Greasebucket circuitry, an innovative feature that enables the user to turn down the volume knob without adding bassy tones.
Other notable features include great playability on the rosewood fretboard, a comfortable modern "C" shaped neck plus a 3-Saddle American Vintage bridge, to make this a great guitar for all applications.
- Series: American Special
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Pickups: Texas Special Single-Coil Tele (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Greasebucket Tone Circuit (Rolls off Highs Without Adding Bass)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Other Features: “Barrel” Switch Tip, Single “T”-Roller String Tree, ‘70s Style Decal