Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster Electric Guitar - White Blonde
It’s the guitar that helped define a whole new sound - the raucous punch and bell-like clarity of dual single coil pickups that voiced the legendary riffs and phrases of Jimmy Page. And those pickups belonged to none other than a Fender Telecaster.
The Tele was the perfect guitar to compliment Jimmy Page’s innovative and dynamic guitar skills, and he used its phenomenal full-bodied tone and raw power to change the face of rock music forever. A legend in his own lifetime, Jimmy Page and his customised ‘Mirror’ Telecaster were responsible for some of the biggest, most iconic and influential riffs in the history of rock.
The original Telecaster that Page used back in the late ‘60s was a factory model in a White Blonde Lacquer finish that he played through the latter days of the Yardbirds, and then used to shape the sound of Zeppelin, forging the sound of their debut album and using it for the iconic ‘Stairway To Heaven’ solo.
Over the years, the White Blonde Tele slowly transformed at the magical hands of Page, acquiring that famous mirrored look, and eventually evolving into the dirty-blonde mirrored axe we associate with him. This Tele would eventually be re-imagined and reborn through different custom paint-jobs, but it is the original iteration that Fender honour with their Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster.
The Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster has a two-piece body crafted from Ash, which boasts an attractive grain and is highly resonant. A pair of Jimmy Page Custom '59 Tele single-coil pickups have been created from materials as close to the originals as possible, recreating the incendiary, full-bodied tone featured on Led Zeppelin's first album.
The "Oval C"-shaped Maple neck has been customised to replicate the exact feel of Page’s decades-worn original, and has a smooth 7.25" radius, period-correct rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets. There's a "top-loader" bridge that allows for both through-body or top-load stringing, to be used as per the players preference, which produces a round, warm tone with less tension, enabling seriously expressive bends. Other features include a bone nut vintage-style round string tree and Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe" tuning machines.
The Jimmy Page Telecaster also boasts some personalized touches - Jimmy Page's signature adorns the back of the headstock and the custom chrome neck plate, and obviously, you will receive replicas of the eight round mirrors (a tribute to the custom treatment Page later applied to the guitar) to be applied at the players preference. Inside the protective tweed hardace you will also find a black coiled cable, a vintage-style "stained glass" strap and a custom Certificate of Authenticity.
- White Blonde lacquer finish
- Two custom-wound Jimmy Page '59 Tele single-coil pickups
- Custom "Oval C"-shaped maple neck; 7.25"-radius slab rosewood fingerboard
- Dual "top loader" bridge with threaded steel saddles
- Includes vintage-style tweed case with eight round mirrors
- Body Material: 2-Piece Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Jimmy Page Custom "Oval C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Jimmy Page Custom '59 Tele
- Neck Pickup: Jimmy Page Custom '59 Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele with Threaded Steel Saddles Top-Load or Strings-Through-Body
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tip: Barrel Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Artist Signature
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case: Vintage Tweed Case
- Included Accessories: COA Black Coil Cable, 8 Mirrors and Template for correct placement