Korg Kronos-2 88-Key Synthesizer & Workstation Keyboard
Wembley Music Centre is proud to present the largest sized (88-keys), flagship model of the ultra powerful Kronos-2 workstation & synthesizer keyboard from the world famous KORG. Showing off the most sophisticated, cutting edge technology, it's hard to oversell just how powerful the Kronos-2 really is.
Including some insane features that are more than satisfactory for even the most professional players out there. Read on to find out more.
9 Incredible Sound Engines
To create one of the most advanced keyboards on the market possible, KORG weren't ready to compromise the sound quality for sub-standard effects and sounds, that's why instead of having just a single sound engine, the Kronos-2 has 9 professional level engines.
Each and every sound on-board is carefully designed by KORG’s legendary production team to ensure that the Kronos-2 is capable of emulating some of the most authentic sounding sounds on the planet. Showing off everything from huge sounding brass ensembles, woodwind, strings and all orchestral instruments, to insane synth tones; prepare to be blown away.
Kronos-2 Sound Engines:
- SGX-2 (Premium Piano) Piano sound engine
- EP-1 (MDS Electric Piano) Electric piano sound engine
- CX-3 Tonewheel organ sound engine
- HD-1 (High Definition Synthesizer) PCM sound engine
- MS-20EX (Legacy Analog Collection) Analog modeling sound engine
- PolysixEX (Legacy Analog Collection) Analog modeling sound engine
- AL-1 (Analog Synthesizer) High-fidelity analog modeling sound engine
- MOD-7 (Waveshaping VPM Synthesizer) VPM/FM synthesis sound engine
- STR-1 (Plucked Strings) Physical model sound engine
Staggeringly Authentic Piano Sounds
Although the Kronos-2 shows off thousands of sounds and effects, KORG realise that the most important tones for any professional keyboard player. Therefore they set about including amongst the most desirable piano tones on the planet which are ideal for the most professional live performances or studio applications.
With the options of all sorts of outstanding grand piano tones, you’ll have everything you need to dazzle any onlooking audiences.
Unleash Your Full Potential
If the thousands of already built in sounds aren’t quite right for you, the Kronos-2 has a mammoth 62GB of on board memory in order to allow you to personalise your experience and create the sound library of your dreams.
Live Performance Perfection
Some of the most notable features of the KORG Kronos-2 are the features that are certain to make the lives of touring keyboard players so much easier.
The amazingly usable touch screen is clear and very easy to use in order to be visible in anything from extreme sunlight to the darkest club. It’s also designed to be extremely tough and hardwearing to ensure damage prevention no matter how hard you press, all while being extremely responsive in any condition.
No More Struggling to Find the Right Effect
Finding the correct sound or effect whilst being under pressure on the spot in a gig situation is a daunting thought for any musician. That’s why KORG introduced the game changing “Setlist Organiser” which allows you to pre-set the effects according to your songs and simply choose the effect at a click of the touch screen.
- Enhanced SGX-2 Grand Piano Engine featuring the new Berlin Grand
- Massive sound selection
- Master sound design team
- KRONOS Expansion Sound Libraries
- Artist Sound Libraries
- Famous Song Sounds
- Nine distinct sound engines
- Innovative Set List mode with many new updates
- Color Touch View display—now with TouchDrag capability
- Sequencer Compositional Tools: KARMA, Drum Track, Open Sampling System, 16-track audio recording / 16-track MIDI sequencing, 16 onboard effects processors, USB/MIDI host ports accommodate MIDI control surfaces
- Flagship RH3 Graded Hammer Action keyboard
- Smooth Sound Transitions
- Advanced Control Surface: Dual Joysticks (X-Y; Vector), Ribbon Controller, 8 rotary knobs, 9 sliders, 16 illuminated buttons
Reviewed by Daniel B.
The Kronos is Korg’s flagship workstation, boasting power and functionality. A promise it delivers fully.
Not for the faint hearted, this keyboard is designed to be a master tool, both on stage and in the studio. With 9 different synthesiser engines, dozens of effects and hundreds of voices, there’s plenty packed into this machine to keep your curiosity busy for years to come. Pianos, choirs, strings, brass, guitar, percussion... You name it, the Kronos has it.
With the ability to layer and split 16 sounds at once and adjust the tone and effects in real-time, it really goes to demonstrate how much it can handle in terms of processing power. Some professionals have tried to push the boundaries of what it can take, but the Kronos has always handled these challenges with ease.
The “Setlist Mode” is a unique feature that sets the Kronos apart from the rest. This mode allows you to organise all your saved programs and combinations in the order of your setlist, allowing for a slick performance. No more scrolling through presets until you find the correct one!
The only drawback from this otherwise amazing bit of kit, it because of the seemingly unending list of features, it may have you consulting the manual more than a few times. With practice and repetition, you’ll quickly get to know it like the back of your hand. Just hang in there.....
All in all, for the professional keys player who performs a lot and loves experimenting with new and inventive sounds, the Kronos would be a perfect candidate for that role.