Marshall's DSL (Dual Super Lead) range was initially released as part of the famed JCM2000 range, but quickly became its own entity and was hailed universally as an instant modern classic. Now decades later it has been updated for the modern player and re-released to as much critical acclaim as the first time!
Although it produces luscious, creamy clean tone, the Marshall DSL20CR (thanks to a combination of a Celestion V-Type speaker and EL34 valves) is perhaps best known for the super high gain, classic 80s tones which makes the DSL is a first choice for heavy rockers out there.
It has 2 switchable channels, "Clean Gain" for your vintage style crunch, and "Ultra Gain" does exactly what it says on the tin. Further enhanced by 2 OD Settings, you'll be able to craft some incredibly powerful riffing tones on the DSL40CR. Switching between channels is simple with the use of the footswitch that is included.
One problem faced by previous models is the fact that this amp is LOUD. This level of volume made the amp almost unusable for bedroom players, however, the recent updates have addressed this problem with the addition of a new Low / Mid / High volume control which allows you to play at a significantly lower volume without compromising that lush valve crunch.
A responsive 3-EQ gives a detailed amount of tone control and the inclusion of a tone control button allows the player to dramatically shift their tone at the touch af a button.
Also equipped with a gorgeous, rich, organic reverb, plus presence and resonance controls - the player can easily create landscapes of tone that'll blow away any listeners.
- 40 watts of power created by EL34 valves
- Celestion V-type speaker
- 2 channels, each with 2 modes for a total of 4 switchable gain levels
- High and low power settings
- Dedicated presence and resonance controls
- 3-band EQ
- Softube emulated output with the sound of a professionally mic'd Marshall 1960 cabinet
- Type: Valve Combo
- Power: 40 Watts
- Power Valves: EL 34
- Speaker: Celestion V-Type
- Controls: Classic Gain: Gain/Volume, Ultra Gain: Gain/Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Tone Shift, Presence,m Resonance, Reverb: Classic/Ultra, Master 1, Master 2, Master Select
- Direct Out: Softube emulated