Please note: This item has been on display in our Wembley showroom and may show signs of having been played.
Originally released as part of the acclaimed JCM2000 range, Marshall's DSL (Dual Super Lead) quickly stood out ahead of its peers and proved to be an instant modern classic. Today, the much loved DSL40CR combo amp gets a well-deserved makeover, with a limited edition cream on gold dressing that looks as delicious as the sound this amp creates.
The Marshall DSL20CR produces a gorgeous creamy clean tone but is perhaps best known for its high-gain, classic ‘80s tones which it owes to a combination of a Celestion V-Type speaker and EL34 valves. This set up makes this amp ideal for cranking out heavy rock.
The DSL20R features two channels; a Clean Gain channel that produces a vintage-style crunch, and an Ultra-Gain channel that ramps things up to eleven. Both channels are enhanced by two overdrive settings that allow you to craft some immensely powerful riffing tones, and you can easily switch between each channel using the simple footswitch that's included with this amp.
Marshall has added a great feature to the DSL40CR - the inclusion of three separate power settings, meaning that you can now experience the full lush tones of this amp at lower volumes, ideal for home use. No longer is the DSL40CR reserved for huge venues - you now have a versatile amp with Low, Mid, and High volume options
This DSL40CR also features a highly responsive 3-EQ that provides a vast amount of tone control, plus a tone control that allows the player to dramatically shift their tone at the simple touch of a button. This amp is also equipped with a gorgeous, rich, organic reverb, plus presence and resonance controls.
This limited edition DSL40CR is a beautiful version of a modern classic that not only sounds amazing, but has the kind of model-looks that will adorn your home like a work of art. Get it while you can - it’s reet lovely.
- Cream on Gold Limited Edition
- 40 watts of power created by EL34 valves
- Celestion V-type speaker
- 2 channels, each with 2 modes for a total of 4 switchable gain levels
- High and low power settings
- Dedicated presence and resonance controls
- 3-band EQ
- Softube emulated output with the sound of a professionally mic'd Marshall 1960 cabinet
- Model: DSL40CR
- Range: DSL
- Technology: Valve
- Channels: 2 (Split) ‘Ultra gain’ and ‘classic gain’
- Output Wattage: 40W (with power reduction option to 20W)
- Outputs: Speaker outputs: 5 x 1/4" jack sockets (16Ω load / 8Ω load / 4Ω load), 1 x 1/4" jack emulated line out
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" instrument jack, 1 x 3.5mm jack Aux in MIDI in, footswitch
- Controls: Classic gain channel (gain, volume, clean crunch switch), ultra-gain channel (gain, volume, OD1/OD2 switch), treble, middle, bass, tone shift switch, presence, resonance, reverb (classic gain channel), reverb (ultra-gain channel), master select switch, master volume I, master volume II, loop on/off switch, low power option (on rear)
- Effects: Digital Reverb
- Effect Loop: Yes, series, send/return
- Speaker Configuration: 1x12’’
- Speaker Model: Celestion V-Type speaker (16Ω, 80w)
- Impedance: 16Ω
- Preamp Valves: 4 x ECC83
- Power Amp Valves: 2 x EL34
- Weight: 22.9 kg / 50 lbs
- Width: 620 mm / 24.4’’
- Height: 490 mm / 19.3’’
- Depth: 252 mm / 9.9’’