The Orange Kongpressor is an analogue Class A compression pedal which adds a stunning three dimensional quality to any rig. The pedal takes its inspiration from some of the world’s most iconic vintage optical studio units, employing a re-issue of the famous vactrol VTL5C3 optocoupler that was responsible for the sound heard on countless hit records.
At lower compression levels the Kongpressor’s effect is transparent but somehow fattening. It adds mojo and a glossy sheen to your core tone that you’ll truly miss when it’s bypassed. Even at extreme settings, the tone always remains musical with great feel under the fingers.
- Features: Studio quality optical compressor with ultra smooth bloom, 12 dB clean boost, internal charge pump and transparent buffered bypass
- Top Panel (left to right): Volume (output level), Sqaush (compression level), Release, Attack and Chime (high-end)
- Power: 9V battery operation or 9V-12V DC adapter, max current drawn: 35mA
- Unboxed Dimensions: (WxHxD): 9.5 x 6.5 x 13 cm (3.74 x 2.56 x 5.12 in)
- Unboxed Weight: 498 g (1.1 lb)