Mark Tremonti, guitarist, singer, songwriter extraordinaire - best known for his work in Creed and Alter Bridge - has been a PRS signature artist for many years now, but this lunchbox style amp that's new for 2018 is a new stage in his career.
Tremonti is widely recognized for his distinctive sound which chops and changes from smooth clean lines to down right dirty distorted riffs. It may be miniature, but this amp has some of the most extensive tone controls for its size. With separate 3-band EQ and volume controls for the clean and the lead channels, you'll be able to set dramatically different tones and select between them at the flick of a switch.
15w output through 6L6 power amp (which sounds like more than double that!) presents a worthy amount of volume for gigging at medium sized venues, and with a Full Power / Half Power switch on the back of the amp you'll be able to power down to just 7w, allowing you to hit the valve sweet spot at less volume, making it suitable for jamming or bedroom practice.
Other features include an FX loop (send / return) and bias adjusters that are accessible from the back panel for ease of servicing.
- Wattage (nominal): 15W/7W (Switchable)
- Front Panel Controls: Gain Channel - Gain, Master, Treble, Middle, Bass; Clean Channel - Volume, Treble (with pull Boost), Middle, Bass; Global - Presence, Channel Switch Toggle, Standby, Power
- Back Panel Features: Fused Power Inlet (IEC); Effects Loop - Loop Return, Loop Send; Bias - Fixed Bias, Adjustable (bias jacks accessible from back panel); Extension Speaker - Jacks 3 Ohm Selections 8 (x2, Parallel), 16 (x1) Ohms
- Tubes: Power Tubes - 2x 6L6GCMS; Preamp Tubes - 6x JJ EC83S
- Measurements (nominal): 14” (w) x 8” Amp (d) x 7.25” (h) (with feet)
- Amp Weight: 17.8 lbs
- Accessories: 1-Button Footswitch (Channel Gain/Clean), Amp Cover