Quilter Bass Block 800 Bass Guitar Amplifier Head
As bassists know, the bass guitar is a highly versatile instrument that has a particulary dynamic musical range. Therefore it deserves amplification that's going to keep up with and even compliment the diverse musicality of the instrument.
On that note Wembley Guitar Centre is excited and proud to present the Quilter Bass Block 800 Bass Guitar Amplifier Head. Culminating years of research, Quilter has pushed the boundaries of bass amplification within this head and the result is quite unlike anything on the market.
Not just your average bass head.
Quilter presents a whole new approach to head production, straying away from the impersonal feeling you often receive from mass produced models, Quilter's Bass Block 800 presents an all encompassing, personal feeling experience that really responds to even the most intricate touch, whilst showing off rarely seen levels of musicality!
Lightweight and Super Tough
Also featuring an ultra tough aluminium body, which weighing in at under 2kg making this an extraordinary piece of gear in itself. Portable and super rugged, this is an amp that will certainly tick all a regularly gigging bassists boxes.
Take Control of Your Tone
Shape your very own tone with outstanding simplicity using the control knobs which come in the form of Gain/Depth/Contour Control, helping you to find a unique and fantastic studio or gig ready sound that you'll be proud to call your own. Also, the tiny mute button will allow you silence your rig at the touch of a button.
Complete With Carry Case
Coming with a free specifically designed deluxe carry case, your head will be in safe hands wherever you go!
- 225 watts-16 Ohms, 450 watts-8 ohms, 800-watts, 4 ohms (2 Ohm use possible, but may experience clipping at high volume.)
AC Power Req.:
- 100–240Vac, 50–60 Hz, 250 W typical, 1000W peak.
- PASSIVE INPUT: ¼" mono (full gain), 2 meg
- ACTIVE INPUT: ¼" mono (-10dB gain), 30K
- LINE INPUT: XLR 10K balanced, 1V full scale.
- LINE OUTPUT: XLR, quasi-balanced, 400 ohms, 1V full scale
- GAIN CONTROL MUTE BUTTON (with red warning LED)
- DEPTH CONTROL (100Hz Hi-Q bass control)
- CONTOUR CONTROL (Low-mid scoop, flat, treble cut)
- MASTER CONTROL (adjusts peak power from 0 to 800W)
- PILOT LIGHT (“winks” if the amplifier is driven into thermal limiting)
- 4-8 ohms, 90V, 25A peak
- Dual ¼” jacks, 8 ohms each
- Speakon (2 wire) 4-8 ohms.
- 3.5mm mini-jack, 20 ohms per side, 2V peak.
- H x W x D 8.5”(218mm) x 7.5” (190mm) x 3” (76mm)
- 3.7 lbs (2kg)
- UL recognized, tested to conform to FCC/CE limits for Class B devices.
- Small box, Big noise.Review by T.E.
Bought one a few weeks ago and have now had chance to use it at practice/gig volume.
Very impressed with it, so simple to use, great variety of tone on tap, and having now had chance to turn it up a bit, volume in abundance and that was through my 8ohm cab so only just over half the available power.
It may look a bit odd when compared to some of the latest flashy class D offerings but this head is worthy of anyones consideration.
Simple effective and extremely portable. (Posted on 09/01/2017)