Roland FA-07 Music Workstation
76-Note Keyboard Workstation
The Roland FA-07 Music Workstation is the latest addition to the FA Music workstation series from Roland. This brand new model bridges the gap between the FA-06 and the FA-08 models. The 76-note velocity-sensitive keybed features semi-weighted keys for exceptional playability, ideal for everyone from synth and keyboard players to classical pianists. Not only is the FA-07 an amazing stage and studio keyboard but it also includes a powerful workstation at its heart. The centre-console display includes a toggle wheel for scrolling through soundbanks, presets and editing parameters. Its streamlined, ergonomic layout and ultra-fast workflow delivers maximum versatility for a wide selection of musicians.
Diverse, Rich Sound Bank
Roland have incorporated the same sound bank and features from the other FA models, keeping the huge library of rich and diverse sounds. In total, the FA-07 includes 2000 tones borrowed from the Roland INTEGRA-7, offering a comprehensive palette of premium-grade sounds for any musical style. Also included are INTEGRA-7's SuperNATURAL synth and XV-5080 PCM tones, as well as a diverse collection of expressive SuperNATURAL acoustic tones including piano, organ, bass strings and more. You can even add more tones using the internal wave sound expansion slots for optimal versatility.
Integrated Sequencer & Sampler
One of the most unique features of the Roland FA-07 is the integrated 16-track sequencer and versatile sample section. The intuitive 16-track sequencer is specially-designed to capture your creativity as it happens. The sequencer gives you the ability to build a full arrangement with the instrument's huge array of sound. You can even record continuously using the loop mode, allowing you to fill up all 16 tracks without having to stop. Real-time capture and stereo recording are also included, giving you complete control over all your sounds and tracks.
Version 2.0 System Update
The Version 2.0 system update includes a select range of enhancements and upgrades designed for performing players. One of the most prominent new features is the Tone Remain function, which gives you the ability to switch sounds seamlessly, with note effect tails or notes cut off unnaturally. The new master control function allows you to assign and send out a variety of MIDI messages, reconfiguring the FA and external devices with a single command.
With onboard templates for Logic, Cubase and Sonar, the FA-07 will fit right into your existing DAW setup, eliminating the need to spend time learning another workflow. With the touch of a button you can instantly configure the workstation for use with your DAW via USB, thanks to the streamlined interface with a large colour LCD screen. D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator and Chord Memory functions are all available tools to expand your creative palette.
- 76-note velocity-sensitive keyboard workstation
- Semi-weighted keys for fluid playability
- Version 2.0 system update includes new Tone Remain & Master Control functions
- Over 2,000 high-quality sounds
- Integrated 16-track sequencers, onboard sampler
- 16 backlit pads
- Studio-quality effects, including sixteen independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time with six user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Intuitive, streamlined interface with large colour LCD
- Press one button to instantly configure the FA-07 for use with your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, rhythm pattern, arpeggiator, and chord memory functions to expand your creative palette
- Guitar/microphone and line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording
- Dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing/recording
- USB ports for sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer
- MIDI communication with the iPad is possible when using the optional Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
- FA-07: 76 keys (with velocity)
Sound Generator Section
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts: 16 parts
- SuperNATURAL Acoustic
- SuperNATURAL Synth
- SuperNATURAL Drum Kit
- PCM Synth
- PCM Drum Kit
- * GM2 compatible sounds are included.
Wave Expansion Slots
- 2 slots
- * The wave expansion slots are rewritable internal waveform memory.
- You can download data from the Axial sound library site and write it via a USB flash drive into the FA's internal wave memory (slot).
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 68 types (Vocoder can be used only on part 1.)
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP+EQ: 6 systems
- Chorus: 3 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor (This can be changed to Insert FX (78 types).)
- Master EQ
- Total Effects (TFX): 29 types
- Mic Input Reverb: 8 types
- MIDI Tracks: 16
- File format: Original, SMF export/import supported, WAV export supported
- * Sampler trigger data can be recorded.
- Format: 16-bit linear, 44.1 kHz, WAV/AIFF/MP3 import supported
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Number of Samples: 16 Pads x 4 Banks (for each song)
- * Samples cannot be used as wave data for the sound engine.
- Rhythm Pattern
- Chord Memory
- D-BEAM Controller
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- Control Knob x 6
- Sample Pad
- Tempo Knob
- 5-inch Graphic Color LCD
- SD Card (SDHC supported)
- Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MAIN Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- Sub Output Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- AUDIO INPUT Jacks
- LINE: Stereo miniature phone type
- GUITAR/MIC: 1/4-inch phone type
- FOOT PEDAL Jacks (CTRL 1, CTRL 2, HOLD)
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB FOR UPDATE Port
- USB COMPUTER Port (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO/MIDI)
- (Use a USB cable and a computer with a USB port that support USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.)
- DC IN Jack
- AC Adapter
- Quick Start
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SD Card Protector (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- AC Adapter
- Power Cord
- 1,300 mA
Options (Sold Seperately)
- Keyboard Stand (*1): KS-18Z, KS-12
- Pedal Switch: DP series
- Expression Pedal: EV-5
- USB Flash Memory (*2)
- Wireless USB Adapter: WNA1100-RL
- *1 When using the KS-18Z, ensure that the height of the unit is one meter or lower.
- *2 Use a commercially available USB flash drive or a USB flash drive sold by Roland. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work with this unit.
- Dimensions: 1,231 (W) x 311 (D) x 107 (H) mm
- Weight: 8.5 kg