Roland's Fantom Series of workstations have long been industry leaders, always pushing the boundaries and entering new territories of keyboard technology. The latest addition to this family of genius’ is the Fantom-6 Workstation Synthesizer, a cutting-edge 61-key workstation designed to provide you with all of the tools required to make your music-making processes the most streamlined and as intuitive as they could be. Packed to the hilt with amazing production facilities, the Fantom-6 features an expandable 16-part multitimbral sound engine that produces the finest of Roland's premium acoustic and electronic sound catalogue, plus the power to sculpt them into the sounds you desire.
The Fantom-6 is a powerhouse packed with a huge variety of amazing sounds compiled from Roland's expansive collection of authentic electronic, acoustic, and hybrid sounds. The extremely versatile and expandable Fantom sound engine showcases the pinnacle of Roland’s keyboard technology and gives you control over a vast range of synthesis and sampling features that, along with Fantom's onboard analogue filter, let you create fresh new sounds. Powered by Roland's custom Behavior Modeling Chips, the Fantom sound engine provides precise and authentic interpretations of an array of classic and iconic instruments, and does so with smooth control, perfect polyphony, and seamless transitions.
This is a workstation that champions a streamlined work process and provides a highly intuitive operating system with clear, easy-to-use modes and obvious pipelines that support your creative process by letting you work smart and fast. This fluid workflow supports the modern creative’s need for speed and efficiency and helps you stay ahead of the curve. The Fantom’s comprehensive compositional tools, instant-recall settings and deep integration with your DAW mean that once you are in your creative zone, there's no technical faff to deal with and you’ll be there until the job is done.
The Fantom gives you access to custom creative spaces called Scenes. Each Scene can be one-touch-triggered to instantly produce the sounds, clips, patterns, and layouts you need, and your project can be made up of a multitude of separate scenes whether it be a song, a segment, or even just rough groups of possible elements. You have the power to easily organise your Scenes as you see fit.
Fantom allows you to create patterns using a variety of methods such as step- and real-time polyphonic sequencing or the TR-REC pattern sequencer, the perfect rhythm sequencer a’la Roland's legendary drum machines like the TR-808, TR-909, and the TR-8S. The Fantom’s onboard TR-REC offers the full package with sub-steps for ratcheted parts, motion control for per-step automation, and support for chords.
You also have access to 16 RGB performance pads, real-time recording with piano-roll editing, and a grid for recording and launching clips. You can quickly and easily build up tracks by arranging groups of clips comprised of drums, basslines, pads, and melodies and triggering them, either separately or in Scenes.
The Fantom Synth Engine runs on a system that utilises Partials. An individual Partial is made up of a discrete synth voice, complete with an oscillator, filter, amplifier, dual LFO, and effects. You can then build up to four Partials into a single Tone, and up to 16 Tones in a Scene, giving you the capability of producing some amazingly complex layers, splits, and sequenced parts. You won’t have to worry about how many effects you can run or if you are stressing your patch performance - the awesome power of the Fantom means you are able to run all 16 parts concurrently with all available effects and full patch remain without a care in the world, leaving you to concentrate on your creative process.
Fantom runs digital modelling, sampling, and analogue synthesis technologies simultaneously to produce its authentic acoustic and electronic sounds. An onboard performance pad matrix lets you sample your sounds, and trigger up to 2G of loops and one-shots. There's also a routable analogue filter and you can mix soft synths with Fantom’s internal sounds. Fantom also carries Roland's state-of-the-art V-Piano technology that gives you the power to break down the individual components of piano models and hone each one to your preference, just as you would a real instrument.
The Fantom-6’s focus on performance leads to the inclusion of Roland's finest semi-weighted keyboard that offers a precise, real-feel playing experience and articulates every subtle nuance in your performance. Assignable aftertouch can be utilised to add auto-modulation to your sounds.
The Fantom-6’s control panel offers a variety of handy knobs and faders that grant you immediate and intuitive real-time control. There's a dedicated synthesizer section featuring oscillator, filter, and envelope controls, as well as buttons and pads for triggering and sequencing. Used as a standalone workstation, the Fantom-6 is a powerful piece of kit, but to experience its full potential it can be connected to other equipment such as computers or analogue synthesizers. Two mic inputs and an onboard 16x3 stereo audio interface allows you to capture studio-quality sound for use with your DAW. This brilliant workstation can also be used as a comprehensive MIDI controller, letting you adjust your DAW and plug-in parameters using your Fantom's touchscreen.
- 16-part multitimbral music workstation keyboard
- Premium 61-note semi-weighted keybed with aftertouch
- Expandable ZEN-Core sound engine
- Modern hybrid sounds combining PCM, virtual analog, and routable analogue filter
- Roland's V-Piano technology
- Polyphony: ZEN-Core: 256 notes; V-Piano Engine: unlimited
- Scenes contain parameters for all 16 layers, plus patterns and effects
- Deep integration with your DAW and plug-ins
- Onboard 16x3 stereo audio interface
- 2 XLR-1/4" combo mic/line/instrument inputs
- Clip-based multitrack sequencing with pattern recording and triggering
- Updated TR-REC sequencer inspired by classic Roland drum machines
- High-resolution controls with dedicated synth control section
- Massive DSP for robust polyphony and seamless patch transitions
- LCD touchscreen
- 128 LFOs
- Onboard FX engine
- Balanced XLR main outputs; 6 x 1/4" outs
- MIDI In/Out/Through
- USB-to-Host; USB-to-Device; 3 external device USB ports
- 2 sets of CV/Gate outputs
- 4 pedal jacks
- Type: Workstation Keyboard
- Sound Engine Type(s): ZEN-Core, V-Piano Technology
- Analogue/Digital: Analog
- Number of Keys: 61
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted
- Aftertouch: Yes
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, 2 x Mod wheel
- Pads: 16 x Programmable Pads
- Polyphony: 256 Notes (ZEN-Core), Unlimited (V-Piano)
- Presets: Over 3500 tones, Over 90 Drum kits
- Filter: Analogue Filter
- Effects Types: 90 Multi-effects, 8 x Chorus, 6 x Reverb, 6 x Mic Reverb, Master EQ, Master Compressor
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Sequencer: 16-track
- Sampling: 16-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF
- Audio Recording: Realtime recording, Step recording, TR-REC
- Storage: USB flash drive
- Audio Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo
- Audio Outputs: 2 x XLR (main), 2 x 1/4" (R/L main), 4 x 1/4" (R/L subs), 2 x 1/4" (filtered)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 3 x Type A (external device), 1 x Type A (memory), 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/Thru
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (expression), 3 x 1/4" (control)
- Other I/O: 4 x 1/8" (CV/gate)
- Power Supply: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 4.1"
- Width: 42.6"
- Depth: 15.8"