Roland SPD-SX Percussion Pad
The perfect addition to any acoustic or electronic drum kit (not to mention percussion setup, DJ booth, or keyboard rig), the SPD-SX Sampling Pad is guaranteed to improve your workflow and enhance your performance. Whether you require sample integration in the studio or in a live environment, the SPD-SX is a brilliant tool packed with the latest tech that will support your every need.
Basing its design foundations on the innovative SPD models that came before it, the SPD-SX takes many of Rolands already tried and tested features and upgrades them to brilliant effect. You will be astounded at the new levels of speed, precision and user-compatibility on offer, and amazed at how easily you are able to integrate these fantastic tools into your creative processes. This versatile multipad is ideal for complete backing tracks, loops, or even for simple single-phrased samples, utilising every element of its advanced triggering and sampling technology to provide amazing high-quality sound and performance.
Modern musical trends have added an increasing need for drummers and percussionists to incorporate audio samples and triggered effects into their performance and the SPD-SX makes this an extremely easy task. A plethora of essential functions are available for you to implement with ease, and the units individual click output routing, dedicated volume controls, Pad Check function, and individual Sub Out will make your triggering setup intuitive and easy to use.
When it comes to the physical process of triggering, the SPD-SX’s precision and extremely low latency makes your job a breeze. Equipped with nine ultra-sensitive rubber pads each with two independent real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons, you are guaranteed a next-level response and a dynamic performance. A large backlit LCD makes for an easy-to-use data interface and each pad has an LED indicator that highlights the pad’s status - so you have a handy visual indication of which pad is in play at any given time. The LEDs also vary in illumination strength in accordance with the pads audio-level activity, giving you an instant, easy to gauge, visual array of your audio interaction.
The SPD-SX features three onboard multi-effects units - one master unit and two units that are assignable per kit. The master effects engine is dedicated to real-time performances and you can engage filter, delay, short looper, and user-assignable effects via the four front-panel buttons and two control knobs.
Multi-Pad Sampling is on hand to help create multi-sampled phrases and pad maps. You can stream your audio in from any external audio player or computer via the SPD-SX’s Audio In or USB connection, then simply strike each pad at the appropriate start/end points to capture the segment of the audio you wish to sample, and it will be instantly assigned to that pad. Roland couldn't have made it any easier.
The SPD-SX possesses a cavernous internal memory bank (4 GB) so you can store and carry your sample library around in its entirety without the need for external memory. This gives you a potential 720 minutes of audio (10,000 files) at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz, mono - all you should ever need. A built-in USB port means you can import audio files from USB flash memory, and the brilliant SPD-SX Wave Manager software app gives you the ability to import audio files directly from your computer via USB and edit, assign and organise them with ease and efficiency.
The SPD-SX is a masterful piece of kit that will definitely expand your creative horizons and help you to build an impressive sonic presence.
- Unique sampling-pad concept
- 4 GB internal memory enabling approximately 720 minutes of sampling (mono) without requiring external memory
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads
- two external dual-trigger inputs
- Easy capturing and assignment of audio data through Multi-Pad Sampling
- Three units of multi-effects onboard, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
- Pads: Built-in Pads: 9 (with LED Indicators)
- * Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
- Maximum Polyphony: 20 voices
- * Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
- Number of Recordable Wave Data: 10,000
- * Including preload wave data.
- Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data): Approx. 360 min. in stereo (720 min. in mono)
- * Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- Data Format: 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Kits: 100
- Kit Chain: 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- Master Effects (21 Types)
- Kit Effect 1 (20 Types)
- Kit Effect 2 (20 Types)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control)
- TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- DC IN jack
- COMPUTER connector
- USB MEMORY connector
- Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw: 600 mA
- CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data)
- Owner's Manual
- AC Adaptor
- Options (sold separately):
- Pads (PD series, PDX series)
- Cymbals (CY series)
- Kick Triggers (KD series)
- Pad Stand (PDS-10)
- All-Purpose Clamp (APC-33)
- Acoustic Drum Trigger (RT-30H, RT-30HR, RT-30K)
- Pedal Switch (DP-2)
- Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, BOSS FS-6)
- Personal Drum Monitor (PM-10, PM-30)
- USB Flash Memory
- * Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT:
- Width: 364 mm / 14-⅜”
- Depth: 331 mm / 13-1/16”
- Height: 94 mm / 3-¾”
- Weight: 2.5 kg / 5 lbs. 9 oz.