When the Jazz bass was invented in the 50s, it was intended - as you may have guessed - to cater for the jazz market. Its gritty, smooth, bassy tones was the perfect fit for the jazz scene and thanks to the much smaller dimensions was far more practical than the monolithic double bass. And so, a legend was born.
Decades later, the jazz bass has evolved but maintains the essentials as to what made the original models the "must have" for the time, whilst being updated to fit the modern player - and so we introduce the 'Contemporary' Series.
It's affordable, lightweight, great sounding, stylish and very slick to play and is versatile enough to suit any style or genre the player wishes to play - making it a perfect choice for players unsure which route they want to take. It features 2 x Ceramic pick-ups which are smooth, warm and toneful which combined with a single master tone, give a huge amount of options to the player.
Good for slapping, and equally suited for heavy rock and adding ripping distortion on top, whilst even being naturally suited to provide smooth and toneful bass lines - it's a truly three dimensional instrument.
For the first time, Squier have utilized Laurel as the material for the fretboard which gifts the bass a similar feel to the previously used rosewood. It has a lovely, distinctive grain and gives the bass a lovely, warmth every time you play a note.
- Series: Contemporary
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Natural Satin with Gloss Matching Headstock
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Cream Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Ceramic Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge),
- Ceramic Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: None
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Chrome