Yamaha DXS18 Active PA Subwoofer Speaker
PLEASE NOTE: INTEREST FREE FINANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS PRODUCT
Since the introduction of the DSR, DXR and DBR series of full-range speakers, Yamaha’s powered speaker lineup has earned considerable acclaim worldwide. Yamaha developed the DXS Series to complement its speaker lineup and add a more prominent, well-defined bottom end to their sound. The DXS18 builds on the design ethic of its predecessors, the DXS12 and DXS15, by offering improved cabinet construction, DSP processing, protection functions and crossover control. The new model adds flexible features and higher power output suitable for larger or more professional applications.
Powered by a 1020W Class-D amplifier, the DXS18 houses an 18" woofer with a durable 4" voice coil in a sturdy band-pass type plywood enclosure, which delivers an impressive 136 dB maximum SPL (and an extended LF response down to 32Hz), with exceptional clarity and minimal distortion. The new model features Yamaha’s proprietary DSP technology with original D-XSUB processing for additional control of the low frequency range via two selectable modes—BOOST and XTENDED LF—and a selectable crossover with three different options (80/100/120Hz) for various applications.
The DXS18 also features a Cardioid Mode setting for sound systems with two or more DXS18 speakers, effectively reducing the energy directed towards the stage while increasing bass levels directed at the audience.
Built with the expectation that users will transport and use these speakers extensively, the DXS18 features advanced protection circuits in the speaker unit, amplifier unit and power supply that ensure optimum reliability and extended equipment life. The enclosure is coated with a rugged, durable LINE-X® finish, also used in disaster protection applications, giving the speaker exterior added protection from the elements. The model also comes equipped with M20 and 35mm pole sockets allowing for more flexible set up, while an optional wheel kit is also available for improved portability. Yamaha also offers optional speaker covers with a functional design that provide protection from unfavorable weather conditions during outdoor performances, dusty and dirty warehouse storage and the rigors of the road.
- Speaker type: 18" Powered subwoofer, Band-pass type
- Frequency range (-10dB): 32Hz – 120Hz
- Components: LF 18" cone, Voice Coil:4"
- Output power: Dynamic:1020W / Continuous: 800W
- Maximum output level (1m; on axis): 136dB SPL
- I/O connectors: INPUT: XLR3-31 x2 , THRU: XLR-3-32 x 2(THROUGH or HPF POST)
- Processors: D-XSUB: BOOST, XTD LF, NORMAL
- Cooling: Natural convection
- Power requirements: 100V – 240V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Power consumption: 100W
- Pole socket: 35 mm (depth 80 mm) & M20 (threaded depth 25 mm
- Dimensions (W/H/D): 563mm (22.2")/ 683mm (26.8")/ 721mm (28.4")
- Net weight: 49.7kg (110lbs)
- Material: Plywood (LINE-X®, Black)