Yamaha’s new MOXF6 synthesiser is the successor to their earlier MOX6 model and builds on its predecessor’s design, bringing professional features from their high end MOTIF XF to musicians who have huge creative potential but need equipment that is more affordable. So what does the MOXF6 offer?
With sound being a major feature of any instrument, the tone generator has to be of vital importance. The MOXF6 boasts the AWM2, a large capacity sound-bank that is modelled on the sound bank of the MOTIF XF. Amongst the sounds included are two grand piano waveforms which convincingly recreate Yamaha’s own high-end acoustic grand pianos, the CF111S and S6. By adding an optional Flash Memory Expansion Board, it is possible to expand the sound-bank further still, giving you the facility to create whole new libraries of original voices or even add complete new sound sets.
Beyond the sound generator, the keyboard also includes an impressive list of features that will compliment your creative musical genius. Yamaha’s ‘XA’ (Expanded Articulation) technology lets you trigger another sound at note-off, giving you the abililty so create a whole new range of completely different sounds, and ‘Virtual Circuitry Modeling’ (VCM) effects model analogue circuitry to produce effects that have a true vintage ring. With the built-in 128-note polyphony, you can reproduce a full sound live and then as you build and create your masterpiece, your sounds and data can be imported and exported easily using the on-board USB and MIDI connectivity.
The MOXF6 also lets you take control of your computer-based audio applications (DAWs), such as Cubase, directly from the keyboard, and to build on this, comes complete with VST editor software, free of charge - smoothing the integration with Cubase even further.
Overall, the instrument is lightweight and portable, making it easy to move between home, studios and gigs.
Yamaha MOXF6 61 Note Synthesizer
- MOXF6 61 keys, semi-weighted keyboard (Initial Touch)
- Tone Generator AWM2, with Expanded Articulation
- Maximum Polyphony 128 notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity 16 parts (Internal), A/D input part
- Wave 741MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 3,977 waveforms
- Voices Preset: 1,152 Normal Voices + 72 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 384 Normal Voices + 32 Drum Kits
- Performance User: 256 (up to 4 parts)
- Filter 18 types
- Effects Reverb x 9 types, Chorus x 22 types, Insertion (A, B) x 54 types x 8 parts, Vocoder x 1 (uses both Insertion Effect A and B blocks), Master Effect x 9 types, Master EQ (5 bands), Part EQ (3 bands, stereo)
- Note Capacity Approx. 226,000 notes
- Note Resolution 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Maximum Polyphony 124 notes
- Tempo (BPM) 5 â 300
- Song recording type Real time replace, Real time overdub (with the exception of the Pattern Chain), Real time punch in/out (Song only), Step (with the exception of the Pattern Chain)
- Song tracks Song: 16 sequence Tracks (Loop on/off can be set for each Track), Tempo Track, Scene Track , Pattern: 16 Phrase Tracks , Pattern Chain: Pattern Track, Tempo Track, Scene Track
- Songs 64 Songs, Mixing Voices: 16 Voices per Song/Pattern (up to 256 Voices) , Mixing Templates: 32 for all Songs and Patterns
- Patterns 64 Patterns (x 16 sections), Measures: 256 maximum
- Phrases User Phrases: 256 per Pattern
- Arpeggio Preset: 7,981 types, User: 256 types (MIDI Sync, MIDI transmit/receive channel, Velocity Limit, and Note Limit can be set. 4 Arpeggio parts can be played simultaneously.)
- Scene Memory 6 per Song
- Sequence formats Original format, SMF format 0, 1 (Format 1 load only)
- Width 1,030mm (40.5")
- Height 125mm (5")
- Depth 358mm (14")
- Weight 7.1kg (15.6 lbs.)
- Master User:128 (Each master includes Master keyboard settings with 4 Zones, Assignable Knob settings, Program Change table.)
- Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function For WindowsÂ®: Cubase 7 series, SONAR X2, For MacÂ®: Cubase 7 series, Logic Pro 9, Digital Performer 7 (Functions to be controlled differ depending on the software.)
- Controllers Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Assignable Knob x 8, [DATA] dial x 1, Assignable Function buttons x 2
- Display 240 x 64 dot, backlit LCD
- Connectors OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (standard phone jack), A/D INPUT [L]/[R] (standard phone jack), [PHONES] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], FOOT SWITCH [ASSIGNABLE]/[SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN]/[OUT]/[THRU], USB [TO HOST]/[TO DEVICE], DC IN
- Power Supply 13W
- Accessories AC adaptor (PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), USB cable, Ownerâs Manual, Online Manual CD-ROM x 1 (containing Reference Manual, Synthesizer Parameter Manual, and Data List), CUBASE AI DOWNLOAD INFORMATION