Yamaha MX88 88-Key Graded Hammer Keyboard Digital Synthesizer
With years and years of expertise crafted acoustic grand pianos, keyboards and synths, Yamaha have formed a beautiful feeling and beautiful sounding synth that goes by the name of the MX88. With sounds taken from the high-end Motif series, and controls built to be ideal for the professional player, this relatively lightweight, weighted keyboard will have you playing the perfect performance.
This Yamaha MX88 has, as you have probably guessed, 88 keys. Giving you the full span of an acoustic piano, you are granted the freedom to play across the whole spectrum of the keyboard. However, the main feature of feel to this keyboard is the Graded Hammer Standard weighted action. This means that the lower keys are heavier, whereas the higher keys are lighter to touch. The result is a flawless playing feel that has you forgetting that you are only playing a weighted keyboard and not a real piano.
Lifted from the Motif series, and powered by the AWM2 engine, the sounds of the MX88 are outstanding. The concert grand is beautifully recreated, with rich and lush bass end, clear mids and pristine tops, with all the overtones you would expect from an acoustic performance. Combined with the GHS weighted action, if it is piano you are looking for, then look no further. However, the MX88 is extremely far from a one trick pony. Equipped with over 1,000 voices all lifted from the Motif series, you have access to all kinds of keyboards, strings, guitars and percussion, all of the incredible, high-end quality you would expect!
Built for the Modern Player
Live performance is nothing like how it looked a decade or two ago, and this keyboard is built to be up to scratch with the demands of the music scene in the modern day. The MX88 can connect to your iPhone to work with FM Essential app for iOS. When connected, you'll have access to 271 FM voices which covers a huge range of synth sounds.
With the Virtual Circuitry Modeling which emulates vintage effects of all kinds, integration as a USB interface and all the control you could need, the MX88 is hugely powerful and is built to sit flawlessly in any setting you need it for.
- Width: 1320 mm
- Height: 405 mm
- Depth: 168 mm
- Weight: 168 mm
- Number of Keys: 88
- Initial Touch: Yes
- Tone Generator: AWM2
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 Notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 Parts (Internal)
- Wave: Approx.166 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
- Voices: Preset: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits
- Performance: User: 128 (16 parts)
- Effects: Reverb x 9 types (42 presets), Chorus x 17 types (88 presets), Insertion Effect x 48types (267 presets) x 4, Master EQ (5 bands)
- Tempo (BPM): 5-300
- Songs: 27 Demo Songs
- Patterns: 208 Patterns
- Arpeggio: 999 types
- Sequence Formats: SMF Format 0 (playback only)
- Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function: For Windows®: Cubase 8 or later, SONAR X2 Producer For Mac®: Cubase 8 or later, Logic Pro X, Digital Performer 9 *Functions to be controlled differ depending on the software
- Controllers: Pitch Bend Wheel x 1, Modulation Wheel x 1, Assignable Knob x 4, [DATA] dial x 1
- Display: 3 digit LED + 20 x 2 line character LCD (backlit)
- Connectors: OUTPUT [L / MONO] / [R] (standard phone jack), [PHONE] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], [SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN] / [OUT], USB [TO HOST] (Class Compliant support)/ [TO DEVICE], [AUX IN], DC IN
- Power Supply: 9V
- Accessories: AC adaptor (PA-150B or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), Owner' Manual, Cubase AI Download Information
|Number of Keys||88 Keys|