Updated: 24th May 2018
For full terms and conditions please click here.
Please contact Wembley Music Centre to make a request under the Data Protection Act or EU data protection regulation or if you have any questions about your personal information.
Wembley Music Centre
Unit 8, Metro Trading Centre
Fifth Way, Wembley
Or Email: email@example.com
If, following our reply you remain dissatisfied, you may contact the Information Commissioner. Details of how to take your complaint further can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website.
What we collect
We may collect the following information when you place an order with us:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We may also receive information about you from third parties (such as credit reference agencies) who are legally entitled to disclose that information.
Please note that we may retain any data you provide on this website even if you do not complete your registration or purchase. Such contact details may be used to contact you to enquire as to why you didn't complete your transaction, or offer another opportunity to complete the transaction.
You have the right to access your personal data and the right to correct, block or delete it at any time.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to process your order. By submitting an order your personal details will be shared with the sales, customer service and warehouse fulfilment teams at Wembley Music Centre. We also need to share your data with the relevant third-party courier companies to deliver the order to your choose delivery address and understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
When you register as a new customer on the Wembley Music Centre website you have the opportunity to sign up for exclusive offers and discounts by email. By ticking the ‘accept’ box, you give us your consent to send to your registered email address our regular sales newsletter and special offers, discounts and competitions. You can always opt-out later by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of our emails, or contacting our customer service department. Please note, the opt-out excludes essential service messages such as order confirmation and dispatch emails.
If you registered an account before we had the opt-in box at registration you instead had a chance to opt-out from our marketing emails in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. As you bought something from us, gave us your contact details, and did not opt-out of marketing messages, we believe you have a legitimate interest in our products and services and are happy to receive marketing from us about similar products or services even though you haven’t specifically consented. Consequently, we will continue sending you emails after the new privacy and data protection regulations take effect on 25 May 2018. We will of course process your data in line with the processing principles under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and of course you can opt out at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties however we may have to disclose your personal information to third parties when permitted by law to our suppliers such as:
- Couriers and other delivery companies that provide delivery of goods to you
- Our provider of email services which allow us to send personalised email to you
- Our payment service provider when you make a purchase to process your payment
- Our retail Finance partner if you make a purchase using Instant Financing
These suppliers’ use of your personal data may be subject to their own privacy policies, which are available on their websites, and which we suggest you familiarise yourself with in the relevant circumstances set out above.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Unit 8, Metro Trading Centre, Fifth Way, Wembley, Middlesex, HA9 0YJ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your Rights under the Data Protection Laws
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Laws, including:
1. The right at any time to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data.
2. The right to be told what Personal Data we hold about you on our database and how we process that data.
3. The right to request that we provide you with a copy (in a commonly used electronic format) of all the Personal Data that we hold about you.
4. The right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data that we hold about you.
5. The right to request that we irretrievably delete all Personal Data that we hold about you (the “right to be forgotten”). Note that there are limited circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse to comply with this request.
6. The right to request that we transmit all the Personal Data that we hold about you (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form) to another organisation’s IT environment. Note that we are only legally obliged to comply with this request if it is technically feasible for us to do so.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|