For 2012, DW unveiled the latest evolution of this classic pedal with the DW5000 Accelerator AD4! Among the improvements to the new 5000AD4 pedals are a Tri-Pivot toe clamp that includes 3 self-adjusting rubber-coated pads that securely anchors the pedal to a variety of bass drum counter hoop sizes, a Dual-Spring Rocker that improves the feel and recoil of the pedal and a non-skid rubber pad under the base plate designed for wood, carpet and other playing surfaces.
Other standard features include: the Delta ball-bearing hinge, 101 2-way beater, light-weight aluminum base plate, Accelerator dual-chain and sprocket drive cam and road-worthy all-metal construction and more. Also, DW 5000 Single Pedals come with an easy-travel, soft Nylon Bag and all DW pedals include a limited 5 year warranty.
DW Founder, Don Lombardi, comments about his flagship product, “Our company was basically founded on the 5000 pedal and we’ve always considered ourselves a pedal company first. I’m really proud of this new pedal and we’ve only improved upon an already good thing. We were really careful not to reinvent the wheel. Drummers are really comfortable with this pedal, so we wanted to maintain the basic feel and keep it as reliable as ever.”
DW Director of Research and Development, Rich Sikra, also comments, “The DW5000 pedal has had incredible longevity in the marketplace and part of the reason for that is that we are always improving its functionality. There is a world of difference between this latest incarnation of the 5000 and the pedal that became popular in the 70’s and 80’s. Of course, if you still want the original design, we offer our 6000 Series pedals. We’re always thinking about how we can make these pedals better. How can we make a product that can further the art of drumming? We think this new 5000 is our best yet.”
DW 5000 Series Turbo Double Pedal (TD4)
- The Accelerator™ drive system generates an eccentric motion that creates an indirect relationship between the sprocket and the footboard, increasing the velocity of the pedal by shortening the length of the stroke. It was developed to satisfy the desire for increased speed and sensitivity.
- The NEW Tri-Pivot toe clamp includes 3 self-adjusting rubber-coated pads that securely anchor the pedal to a variety of bass drum hoop sizes.
- The NEW Dual-Spring Rocker that improves the feel and recoil of the pedal.
- The Floating Swivel Spring pivots to eliminate creaking and lateral stress on the spring.
- The DW patented Delta Ball-Bearing Hinge, a state-of-the-art lightweight aluminium design that incorporates ball bearings at both sides and allows no-wiggle stability and extremely smooth pedal action.
- Non-skid rubber pad under the base plate designed to hold the pedal and the attached bass drum from sliding on wood, carpet and other playing surfaces.
- The DW 101 Two-Way Beater includes a felt side and a punchier hard plastic side.
- Adjustable built-in spurs guarantee no-slip stability.
- Aluminium hex shafts, pedal plates and linkages reduce weight, increasing speed and ease of play.
- Road-worthy all-metal construction.
- DW 5000 Double Pedals come with a travel case.