Faith FVHG PERC Venus HiGloss Percussive Electro Acoustic Guitar
The perfect guitar for a bit of slap and tickle.
The Faith FVHG PERC Venus HiGloss Percussive Electro Acoustic Guitar is designed for the performer who likes to add percussive rhythms and beats into their playing style. Not only is this guitar built to a fantastic quality, but it is also equipped with a preamp system that includes a revolutionary new body sensor. This sensor picks up on any taps and slaps to the body of the guitar, which can then be blended into your sound. This offers players a huge amount of versatility, not only opening a doorway into new percussive styles but also enhancing the note expression of your string-play.
Faith has designed the HiGloss series with the performer in mind, producing a range of guitars that look good, sound great and offer a great degree of versatility. The body of the Venus HiGloss is crafted from highly figured Rosewood with a high-grade Engelmann Spruce top. It also features solid Flamed Maple binding and Macassan Ebony fingerboards, bridges, headplates and heelcaps. This eclectic tonewood combo results in a clean, bright and punchy sound with bright highs, full lows and dipped mids, making it ideal for fingerpicked styles.
The Venus guitar shape is a perfect standard for performers. It's small and comfortable enough to be played for long periods and allow for freedom of movement, while still being large enough to pack a decent amount of power and volume into its sound.
This Faith Guitar is kitted out with a special, low-profile Fishman INK BODY preamp system that features not only a Sonicore piezo pickup under the saddle but also a body sensor beneath the bridge plate. The player has the control to blend between the pickup and body sensor, which when activated, picks up on every slap, tap and scratch you make to the body of the guitar, letting you create some amazing percussive sounds to broaden your performance. The preamp features a chromatic tuner, a three-band EQ, volume control, a frequency notch filter (for feedback control), a brilliance control and the aforementioned sensor blend control.
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Back Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Side Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bracing Material: Hand-Scalloped Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
- Nut Width: 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type: High Gloss Top, Back and Sides
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman INK BODY Preamp / Undersaddle Piezo Pickup & Bridge Plate Body Sensor
- Hardcase: Included
- Upper bout: 290mm
- Lower bout: 385mm
- Depth at neck: 100mm
- Depth at base: 115mm
- Body Length: 490mm
- Soundhole Diameter: 100mm
- Scale Length: 645mm
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"