Fender have rolled back time and have gone to great lengths to really make this accurate to the sounds of the swinging 60s. In the 60s (much like now), the jazz bass was THE must have tool for professional bassists everywhere and was arguably the decade that led to it becoming the legendary instrument that it is now.
Both stylistically, feeling and sound, the American Original series is faithful to a time-gone-by, however, don't be fooled that this isn't a bass guitar for the modern age. With a few minor updates, the American Original '60s jazz bass provides incredible feel, rugged build and unbeatable sound that ensures this is every bit an instrument for contemporary musicians.
For the pick-ups, Fender have faithfully reconstructed the manufacturing techniques and materials of the 60s which include the same Formvar-coated magnet wiring to improve overall brightness, same alnico 5 magnets for focus and enhanced dynamics and period correct cloth-covered output wires and fiber bobbins. These significant details mean that Fender have recreated the distinctive tone of the era more accurately than ever before.
A slim 60s "C" shape neck with the slight update of a 9.5" radius fingerboard gives a less chunky feel and allows freer access to the higher notes of the fretboard than previously before, this combines nicely with slightly taller frets to provide better intonation than the original models.
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Shape: Jazz Bass
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage Style
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Colour: Candy Apple Red
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: Slim ‘60s ''C''
- Fingerboard: Round Laminated Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5’’
- Frets: 20 Vintage Tall
- Inlays: Vintage Clay Dots
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.48''
- Truss Rod: Vintage Style Heel Adjust
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage ’64 Jazz Bass Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage ’64 Jazz Bass Single-Coil
- Controls: 2 x Volume, Master Tone
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Bridge Saddles: Threaded Steel
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case Included: Vintage Style Hardshell