Initially released as part of the famed JCM2000 range, the DSL range quickly became its own entity and was hailed universally as an instant modern classic. Now decades later it has been updated for the modern player and re-released to as much critical acclaim as the first time!
Although it produces luscious, creamy clean tone, the Marshall DSL20CR (thanks to a combination of a Celestion Seventy-80 speaker and EL34 valves) is perhaps best known for the super high gain, classic 80s tones which makes the DSL is a first choice for heavy rockers out there.
It has 2 switchable channels, "Clean Gain" for your vintage style crunch, and "Ultra Gain" does exactly what it says on the tin - not to mentioning the 2 types of OD functioning at the touch of a button for an array of 4 amp styles.
One problem faced by previous models was the fact that this amp was LOUD. This level of volume made the amp almost unusable for bedroom players, however, the recent updates have addressed this problem with the addition of a new Low / Mid / High volume control which allows you to play at a significantly lower volume without compromising that lush valve crunch.
A major update includes a collaboration with Softube, of a line output that features an accurate emulation of Marshall's iconic 1960 speaker cabinet, allowing you to plug directly into a recording chain with confidence. The Softube output also makes recording a simple-task, when you can be guaranteed of a fantastic cabinet sound without having to worry about microphone placement and room acoustics.
Also equipped with a gorgeous, rich, organic reverb, plus presence and resonance controls - the player can easily create landscapes of tone that'll blow away any listeners.
- Model Name: DSL20CR
- Amplifier Type: All-Valve Combo Amp
- Power Output: 20 Watts
- Input Sockets: 1/4" Instrument Input; Audio In (on rear panel); FX Send/Return (on rear panel); F/S footswitch input
- Output Sockets: Emulated Cabinet Output (Headphone Socket)
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x 16 Ohm Speaker Out OR 1 x 8 Ohm Speaker Out
- Channels: Classic Gain, Ultra Gain
- Channel Controls: Volume (Classic Gain); Gain, Volume (Ultra Gain); Channel Select Switch (Footswitch controllable, socket on rear panel)
- EQ Controls: Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Resonance, Tone Shift Switch
- Other Controls: Reverb; Low Power Switch