Marshall's DSL (Dual Super Lead) range very quickly became THE go-to British valve combo amp since its introduction in the '90s. However, now for 2018 it has come time for an update to bring it up to the demands of the modern player, without compromising that famed tone, and it's universally agreed that this updated amp is better than ever before!
Although the clean setting it stunningly smooth and creamy, the DSL range are of course best known for the 80s style overdriven tones. With 2 switchable channels, "Clean Gain" for your vintage style crunch, and "Ultra Gain" does exactly what it says on the tin, producing fierce, fiery crunch.
At 5w, the Marshall DSL5CR is not really designed for playing enormous venues, but that's the beauty of it! The lower power input means that you don't have to turn up to extreme volumes in order to get the best sound out of your amp, making it ideal for jamming and home practice.
Other features include an updated 3-band EQ and a deluxe, luscious reverb that'll add texture and atmosphere to your overall sound. Lastly, for gig and recording environments the DSL5CR has a brand new Emulated Cabinet Output, allowing you to plug directly from the amp whilst recreating the precise tone of a mic'd up amp.
- Model Name: DSL5CR
- Amplifier Type: All-Valve Combo Amp
- Power Output: 5 Watts
- Input Sockets: 1/4" Instrument Input; Audio In (on rear panel); FX Send/Return (on rear panel); F/S footswitch input (on rear panel)
- Output Sockets: Emulated Cabinet Output (Headphone Socket)
- Speaker Outputs: 1 x 16 Ohm Speaker Out (bypasses built-in speaker)
- Channels: Classic Gain, Ultra Gain
- Channel Controls: Volume (Classic Gain); Gain, Volume (Ultra Gain); Channel Select Switch (Footswitch controllable, socket on rear panel)
- EQ Controls: Treble, Middle, Bass, Tone Shift Switch, Deep Switch
- Other Controls: Reverb; Low Power Switch (on rear panel)