Epiphone Masterbilt Century Zenith Archtop Electric Guitar - Vintage Natural
Capturing a time gone by like never before - this archtop guitar is the ultimate throwback instrument, and we're certain that you are simply going to love it. Literally looking as though it's been pulled through out of a time machine, this is probably the closest that you'll get to owning one of the legendary authentic 1930s models.
Closer in appearance to what you'd expect from an acoustic guitar, it presents an interesting experience for those who haven't come across one of these guitars before. With an internal preamp pick-up based on an early form of the electric guitar pick-up; the sound lies somewhere half way between an acoustic and electric guitar tone. Woody, warm and resonant sound but with the hotter, sharper and more direct sound of an electric - it's a really great effect.
Originally designed to be played with the great big bands of the 30s, it's a very jazz orientated instrument, but with such a lovely distinctive tone we feel that users of many different styles and genres could do something great with this guitar.
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Hardware: Aged Nickel
- Top: Solid Spruce; Longitudinal Bracing
- Body: Laminated Flame Maple
- Neck: 5-pc Laminated; Hard Maple/Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Rounded "C" shape
- Preamp: eSonic HD (High Definition)
- Controls: Master Volume & Master EQ
- Pickup: Shadow NanoFlex HD; Under-saddle
- Power: 9-Volt Battery
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Black PVC "Bullet"; 1-layer
- Neck Joint: Dovetail; Glued-In
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid "Notched Diamond"
- Headstock: Historic Epiphone Dovewing with Pearloid "Banner" logos;
- Historic Epiphone Reissue Tuners with Marboloid "Crown" buttons
- Tuners: 18:1 ratio
- Frets: 20; Medium
- Nut: Bone
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Strings: Cleartone; 12-53
- Floating Adjustable Ebonoid Bridge: Compensated; Artificial Bone
- Tailpiece: Historic Epiphone Trapeze