Taking everything that the player needs into consideration, Fender have created a line of guitars that makes them accessible to players everywhere. They've taken into account things such as budgets, tone, and overall feel of the instrument and really hit the nail on the head as to what the public wanted. So, Wembley Music Centre is delighted to introduce you to the Fender Player Series.
Iconic, Yet Cost Effective:
Fenders are often seen as the holy grail of guitars, and the price tag that has traditionally come with them has turned many players with more modest budgets away - however, thanks to the very sensibly priced Player Series Stratocaster, we expect to see these world class instruments being taken home by a wider range of musicians!
Made in Mexico (MiM), Fender are able to produce the guitar at a far more competitive price but don't think that this makes the guitars cheap and tacky. Using the same tonewoods as the American models, including Alder for the body, Maple neck and the recent addition of a pau ferro fretboard; these MiM guitars produce the classic tone that we've come to expect from Fender.
Modern Pick-Ups For Better Tone:
The Fender Stratocaster Player Series features an updated set of Alnico 5 single-coils. Ripping out that legendary Fender sound, these particular pickups emit a more modern voice, with a punchier mid-range that can handle overdrive with more integrity that previous budget models! These pick-ups also maintain the clarity and tasty higher range that has traditionally made it the go to instrument for lead guitarists and rhythm players alike.
Updated Neck Profile:
Utilizing a "Modern C" neck shape this profile, the Fender Payer Series Strat provides both traditionalists and contemporary players with a comfortable feel. Thin enough for aspiring shredders, this neck shape is still solid and substantial, offering great support for your thumb. With a satin finish, a noteworthy Player Series update, the neck has a super-smooth feel that allows you to easily glide up and down, without getting sticky at sweaty gigs!
High Quality Hardware:
Welcoming a 2-point tremolo, which we've seen regularly on the higher budget models; the Player Series Stratocaster can be whammied with smoother action for more expressive vibrato, whilst ensuring better tuning stability with its low friction design.
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil (Bridge/Middle/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Parchment Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)