Fender The Edge Stratocaster - Black
From a humble upbringing in Ireland, David Howell Evans - better known as The Edge, went on to conquer the world with the ultra-famous band U2. His unique playing style and tone has made him nothing short of a guitar God, providing the lead and rhythm guitar to some of the biggest anthems in living memory, and now his own legendary Stratocaster on which he has crafted this illustrious career upon has been painstakingly recreated and could now be yours to own.
The Edge collaborated closely with Fender to accurately recreate his personal guitar that has carved waves in the music world and crafted a masterful guitar with an effortlessly playable feel and unmatched tonal variety. Featuring 50s single coil Custom Shop Fat pickups in the neck/middle positions, it belts out a powerfully rich sound with extraordinary smooth, clean high end but with a swooping low bass end; enabling massive versatility. In the bridge they've added a DiMarzio FS-1 pickup, which smooths out the overall tone of this guitar and adds the perfect amount of mid-range to even out the range into a smooth, balanced world-class tone.
Edge's signature guitar also has a sturdy quarter-sawn maple neck/fingerboard to provide a wonderfully soft playing feel and a gentle twang to the sound, creating a lovely experience both physically and tonally. Also proudly displaying completely adjustable block saddle as well as a modern 2 point synchronized tremolo bridge with a pop-in arm, it's rare to find a Stratocaster with such precise intonation.
This guitar is so versatile it is quite likely that it will become the guitar of your dreams. True, unmistakable Fender quality sound, feel and style, it's a flexible musical monster that has absolutely no-restrictions. Timeless but modern sounding, it's hard to find a guitar quite so well-rounded; The Edge Strat is a must have for players across the globe.
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Headstock: Large '70s Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® FS-1
- Middle Pickup: Custom Stagger Fat 50’s
- Neck Pickup: Custom Stagger Fat 50’s
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized Tremolo with Pop-In Arm
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (all short posts)
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)